Sunday, January 30, 2011

Do you make your bed?

There's a little bit of debate going on in many homes across America.  The topic of discussion could have a direct effect on your daily stress levels....or not.

DO YOU MAKE YOUR BED? That's it. A simple question, but much debate.

I find that a good way to start my day with as little chaos as possible and to end restfully is to make my bed.  Making my bed every morning before leaving the bedroom helps me to keep the rest of the day in order.  I start the day off completing tasks, making the bed completes the action of sleeping. 

Who knew that smoothing the sheets, tucking the blanket, straightening the comforter and stacking the pillows could be such a stress reliever.  I find it hard not to make my bed every day!

Now, there have been times when I've had to jump up and leave for an emergency (my son had asthma growing up).  Only to return at the end of the day to face the disruption of the morning all over again. 

Some folks feel there is no reason to make a bed when they are just going to get back in it later in the day.  The task of making their bed is nothing more than a waste of time.  That's great too, we all start our days in different ways. 

There's something to be said about leaving the stress of the day at the door and slipping in to the calm of a well made bed.  There's nothing worse than having someone walk into my home and getting a glimpse of an unmade bed. 

So, I was wondering am I the only one that has a Type A point of view about making my bed. 

I'd love to hear from you on this topic.  See you in the comments.  Please take a moment to answer the poll below and let your opinion be counted. 





Deborah
"We Run Your Errands"

No comments:

Post a Comment